Frigidaire Provides Simple Steps On How To Troubleshoot A Refrigerator Water Filter
Frigidaire offers several series of affordable refrigerators. While most of their appliances are associated with practical kitchen solutions, Frigidaire also manufactures premium appliances, in particular the renowned Frigidaire Gallery Collection French-door refrigerators.
The position of various parts within the appliance may wary depending on the model and the type of Frigidaire refrigerator. If having a hard time finding a particular part of the refrigerator, refer to the user manual.
Before conducting a repair, it is important to determine what caused the problem. Of course, most of the time the appliance would require more thorough troubleshooting; however, users can follow the following simple guidelines on effective troubleshooting a Frigidaire refrigerator:
- If the refrigerator is too warm and fails to maintain the low temperature, users need to check temperature controls, the condenser coil and the evaporator fan.
- In case the ice maker doesn’t make ice or water dispenser has no water the most common cause is a faulty water supply valve.
- Users may also have to replace the water filter. In case, the ice maker is located within the freezer, users may want to make sure the ice maker arm is not obstructed.
- Three parts in a Frigidaire refrigerator may produce unusual noises – the compressor, the evaporator fan and the condenser fan. In case, the refrigerator does not turn on and there are no lights on opening the door, the problem may lie with the faulty control board.
- Also, make sure to check that the appliance is properly plugged and there is current in outlet (breaker is not tripped). The easiest way to check it is to plug in a small appliance or a table lamp.